Pool Rescue Training Manikin | Ruth Lee
The Pool Rescue Manikin is designed for lifeguard training together with with assistance from the Royal Life Saving Society (RLSS) UK.
The Pool Rescue Manikin allows lifeguards to learn and practice all the skills needed to get a person safely out of the pool, including the various hauling techniques.
The manikin is also a perfect partner to practice the use of Pool Extraction Boards (PXB's).
And all with one manikin, instead of alternating between stiff plastic dummy, without arms and legs, and volunteers!
Read more about Pool Rescue Manikin here.
Features & Benefits:
- The manikin has life-like buoyancy in the water - it sinks yet is buoyant enough to float when towed. It feels like an unconscious person in the water.
- Lifeguards gain greater confidence having had a closer experience of what it is like to recover an (anatomically) weighted body from the bottom of the pool.
- A more realistic challenge compared to live volunteers who may subconsciously assist the trainee or a plastic half torso with no arms or legs!
- Using a manikin can reduce the need to use volunteers in training scenarios, thereby avoiding potential injury or possible embarrassment caused by close personal contact.
- Greatly improves performance - trainers can easily spot weaknesses such as slow towing, as the manikin legs will start to sink if a consistent speed is not maintained.
- Flexible arms, reinforced with webbing, allow to raise the arms aloft, letting lifeguards practice hauling the victim from the water using correct lifting techniques.
- The Pool Rescue Manikin allows completing the entire emergency scenario without interruption - from identifying the emergency, fetching it from the bottom of the pool to the surface, towing it to the side, lifting (recovering) it from the water, and assessing the initial condition of the victim.
- Constructed using a reinforced Nylon mesh that allows water ingress, meaning the manikin will sink when placed in water.
- Mesh allows for ventilation and rapid draining when recovering the manikin from the water.
- Pool Rescue Manikin is available in two sizes, Adult and Junior.
- The size of Adult/Junior manikin: 1.6/1.15 m and 30/16 kg.
- The adult manikin comes with a mesh carry-sheet, recommended for storing and transporting the manikin.
- Delivery min 15 business days after receiving the order in Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, and Finland.
- Manikins are produced in the Ruth Lee factory in the UK. We keep in our warehouse in Estonia a few manikins. If the ordered model is available, then 1-3 business days delivery is available to Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Finland.
- All orders over 150EUR (excluding VAT) - free standard delivery applies in Estonia.