Patient Handling Training Manikin | Ruth Lee
The Patient Handling Manikin is designed and tested with moving and handling experts to provide the perfect manikin for patient handling training.
The Patient Handling Manikin is perfect for safe patient lifting and handling training, first aid, and emergency evacuation.
Did you know that health and social care workers are statistically more at risk of injury from work-related injuries than in other industrial sectors? Help your staff avoid possible back injuries using our manikins to teach safe patient handling techniques.
The manikin is available in adult size, 1.65 m in height, weighing either 30 kg, and 50 kg.
Note: Treat the Patient Handling Training Manikin with the same care, respect, and caution as the actual patient.
Features and benefits:
- Constructed from the same flame retardant material used in police ballistic/stab vests, offering four times the strength and abrasion resistance of 16oz (550 g) canvas or P.V.C. (conforms to OEKO-TEX® Standard 100, BS EN ISO 12947-2 & 14116: 2008). High-density polypropylene webbing (25mm rated to 207 Kg, 50mm rated to 440 Kg). The material is strong, safe to handle, and easy to clean.
- The size of the adult person and the anatomically correct weight distribution gives a life-like patient/client feeling.
- The Patient Handling Manikin is available in two different weights - 30 kg and 50 kg and has a height of 1.65 m.
- Constructed with an elongated plastic spine that allows the manikin to sit upright in bed, a wheelchair, or hoist - essentially acting as a conscious patient would.
- Manikin is with plastic strips in the thigh to prevent too much bend when hoisting.
- The arms and legs are detachable respectively at the shoulder and knee, meaning you can replicate an amputee in training. Likewise, removing the arms and legs makes the manikin easier and lighter to move independently to set.
- Additional weight has been added to the bottom area to enable it to sit better in a sling, chair, or wheelchair.
- Soft joints prevent injuries such as squeezing and bruising on the trainees, which are common when using plastic dummies.
- Velcro straps at wrists let trainers keep the arms together, strap one arm up in a sling position during hoisting, or hold onto the sling.
- The 30 kg manikin comes with weighted (with additional grip on the soles) and un-weighted soft feet. The weighted feet are for bedwork or when using a wheelchair. The un-weighted are for sling/hoist work.
- The 50 kg manikin comes with weighted feet only.
- Manikin comes (is supplied) undressed. Dress it according to your scenario in pajamas or day clothing - we advise that you wash clothing between training sessions.
- The manikin is beige, but with the Ruth Lee red traditional head to avoid manikin being mistaken for a patient in a hospital or care home setting.
- The use of manikins during training helps to follow social distance instructions and reduce people-to-people contacts.
- Optional extras - a facemask and wig to add realism.
- Delivery min 15 business days after receiving the order in Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Finland.
- Manikins are produced in the Ruth Lee factory in the UK. We keep in our warehouse in Estonia a few manikins. If the ordered model is available, then 1-3 business days delivery is available to Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Finland.
- All orders over 150EUR (excluding VAT) - free standard delivery applies in Estonia.